View Full Version : How long before V9 arrives?

10 October 2004, 04:19 PM
The company I work for bought cinema 46 v8.5 about two weeks before v9 was released. When we purchased it they said there would be a free upgrade to version 9. It hasn't arrived yet so I was wondering what was happening/ who to email to ask (I've just sent a support query to the store - but so far they have ignored me).

I have also submitted the reg codes to be made permanent but the full codes haven't turned up yet either.

Any ideas?

10 October 2004, 04:31 PM
Use the telephone.

10 October 2004, 04:33 PM
Adam is right, you need to call them, they won't just send it to you.

10 October 2004, 06:02 PM
my experience anyway.

10 October 2004, 06:28 PM
I called Rafi to follow up and she sent both v9 and AR for v9 to me. I only had to pay shipping since I purchased v8.5 a few weeks ago. Both V9 and AR for v9 arrived this past Monday. I usually get my perm. serials in a day via email.

10 October 2004, 01:17 AM
<edit> removing my misplaced rant

10 October 2004, 02:00 AM
Just keep phoning them, the new release probably is selling so well they are very busy ;)

10 October 2004, 03:00 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. They're probably somewhat backlogged. My editor at InsideCG contacted Maxon about 4 or 5 weeks ago & arranged for me to review C4D R9 Studio ( I was told that a copy would ship out to me sometime in October. Still waiting for some hint of when it'll arrive. I'm a patient man though - mostly. ;)

If you're really worried, which is understandable, just call them. Personally, I wouldn't be too worried. It hasn't been out too long and a lot of other people are probably in the same boat.

10 October 2004, 05:02 AM
Talk about timing. I just got an e-mail & UPS tracking # from Maxon. It'll be here Thursday. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.