View Full Version : RDRAM vs. DDRAM systems

allawy
08 August 2002, 03:23 PM
Hi;

I guess this question is good for all of those who want to upgrade like me, I want to buy a new system, now, I have been offered some systems, my main foucs was I want 512 MB of Ram (the same amount I have now but SDRAM), now I know some people will say that DDRAM speed is 266 while RDRAM is 400, but I have been told that DDRAM perfom better, well this is a shock, since I'm going to pay more for RDRAM (Ram + MotherBoard), my question is, which should I go with according to your experience! not just hearing from here or there. I'm so confused and upgrading my system will leave my pocket empty for a while, but I have to, so which is better? I guess you know by now that I want to upgrade to work with XSI :)

Money is not an issue, well, it is, but I will pay this extra amount to get a good system.

allawy
08 August 2002, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry guys I did not notice that there is a special forum for rhese issues.

Regards.

zen
08 August 2002, 10:43 PM
Rambus ram is a big joke that never shouldve happened. intel is actually the only company that adopted the standard, and why they did will probably remain a mystery for some time. And intel will be dropping the technology in the near future in favor of DDR400. I suggest to anyone to work with ddr. its cheap, fast, and available. If your trip is collecting rare technological anomolies that nobody will remember in 5 years, then buy a stick of rambus.
BTW, rambus is very expensive due to its low production and also because of the massive heat sink on the mem chips.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.