View Full Version : Photoshop filters in DFX+ ???

nostromo_va
10 October 2004, 10:55 AM
I thought I heard (read) somewhere that you could somehow use PS filters/effects in DFX+.

I can't seem to find that reference, nor figure out how to do it.

[1] Am I smoking crack? Is this some sort of confusion on my part?

[2] If it is possible, can someone point me in the right direction (or to a tutorial)?

Thanks,

Mark

nostromo_va
10 October 2004, 11:01 AM
BTW: I tried to go to pigsfly.com and do a search, but got this message:

COMING SOON!

We're on our way back! All we're waiting for is BellSouth to move our T1 and the Pigsfly boards will be back online.

pigsfly.com

Kvaalen
10 October 2004, 04:28 PM
I know that you can use AE filters in DFX, and I know that you can use PS filters in AE. So I suppose you can use PS filters in DFX. If it's possible, I think it's by placing the filter files in the "AEPlugIns" directory under the program files DFX+ Directory.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

nostromo_va
10 October 2004, 12:31 AM
Kvaalen,

I think you are correct.
I put them in the AE Plugins Folder, and as I started DFX+ it appeared to be reading in all the Photoshop filters.

However, I cannot find a way to apply them.

How do you apply the After Effects plugins?

Thanks,

Mark

Kvaalen
10 October 2004, 05:13 PM
If I remember correctly it's the same way you insert a normal tool (from the tool menu / by right clicking in the flow area / ...) and there is a AE Plugins menu.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Wizdoc
11 November 2004, 08:59 PM
Nope, just tested it. Photoshop filters/effects (.8BF extension) don't work. They're not even recognized by DF. After Effects filters (.AEX extension) work fine, though.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.