View Full Version : Refurbished GFX Card

Fahad
10 October 2004, 08:49 AM
I've found a Quadro FX 1100 ... refurbished for about $420, and from a trusted vendor. Is it a good idea to get it? or would it fall apart after a week or two? Is it generally OK to buy refurbished hardware?

Thanks

jcbray
10 October 2004, 09:46 AM
Do they give you any kind of garauntee with it?? If it's from a place you trust, and comes with a warantee, probebly wouldn't fall apart straight away - personally I don't like the idea enough to get one myself, but if your happy to get it, go for it.

Fahad
10 October 2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks jcbray for the reply.

Do they give you any kind of garauntee with it?? If it's from a place you trust, and comes with a warantee, probebly wouldn't fall apart straight away -
it's got a 15 day return policy on refurbished items.

personally I don't like the idea enough to get one myself, but if your happy to get it, go for it.
that's my question really .. why not?

Thanks again.

jcbray
10 October 2004, 11:37 AM
Why not...

Well, the warantee is one thing, 15days isn't all that great, other then that, I couldn't really explain it :P I'd just be xpecting the thing to have a fault with it, or break quickly or something *shrugs* If the price is right for you, and you need a new card, then maybe it is worth it for you.

Fahad
10 October 2004, 11:43 AM
guess i'll think about it some more
:banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.