View Full Version : How can I do this?

10 October 2004, 04:05 PM

I have tried different tools but did not get the same result...Can someone help me?

10 October 2004, 06:39 PM
What are you trying to achieve specifically? The blending/fading effect or the painterly rendering of the photograph?

I'll assume the latter, which is probably done manually simply by painting the strokes. It's hard to tell because your image is rather tiny.
There are a few plugins that can simulate this effect, but the quality often leaves a lot to be desired so if you need to apply it to only a single image I'd suggest using the brush tools that come with PS and go ahead and paint it yourself using the photograph as a reference for luminosity.

10 October 2004, 03:36 AM
You can achieve the result with blending mode in photoshop. First you make the texture you want using brush. You can make it with color, the color is up to you. This color and the blending mode will determine the result. Custom brushes is very usefull in doing such thing.

Padre Quevedo
10 October 2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks everyone.


CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.