XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : backface culling?

09-28-2004, 12:29 PM
i cannot seem to find where i can turn it on or off. Basically...i just want to control selecting components on the back side of the mesh...

09-28-2004, 04:27 PM
The middle mouse button toggles the state of backface culling. In wireframe modes, a RMB lasso will select both front and backfacing geometry. Since all the geometry is visible, you can select it. In a shaded mode where the backfaces are hidden, RMB selects only what you can see.

The MMB toggles backface culling on selection and is dependent in the render mode. In Wireframe, a MMB lasso will select all the front facing polygons. When in a shaded view mode, MMB Lasso selects both front and back faces.

This information is also in the User Guide, page 139 in the "Getting Started with modo Selections" tutorial.

02-17-2005, 07:32 AM
RMB and LMB both select backfacing polys and edges reguardless of the shading mode....how do i get rid of this? Its really slowing me down having to deselect a bunch of random faces from the far side of my model. anyone else have this problem? thanks

02-19-2005, 07:35 AM
hey....Head was right, I'm just slow.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.