XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Vitor Vilela - Animation Session 10 - Dialogue 1

09-26-2004, 02:16 AM
I'm in!! First time here in animation sessions. I just hope to learn a lot from u guys.

Here is my character:

Vitor Vilela

09-26-2004, 02:21 AM
Hey glad to see you here Vitor!

Remember that character from XSI base , I love it!

09-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Hey Sheep, realtime reply hehehe.

Yeah this is the same character, i got tired to do walks and runs whit him, so now i'll try something harder.

Thanx a bunch dude.

Vitor Vilela

09-26-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi vitor...nice to see you here...lets see som magic!!!

09-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey man, nice seeing ya here. I still remember the model from threedy.com. You made a nice walk cycle too. Looking foward to your entry! :D

09-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Ditto on everyone elses comment...the character kicks ass...nice job:)

09-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanx everyone,

Juliano, nice to see u here too man, lets have some fun with this session :D

Hey oshiroii, thanx dude, btw i've made others animation tests with this little fellah, but i was unable to post it in threedy forum 'cause i have a very low bandwidth... hopefully i'll change my server soon :)

Remi, thanx a bunch man, i'm glad to hear it from u... you have a great work ;)

So, start the blocking animation, just waiting for critics from you guys to go foward.

http://www.vitorvilela.com.br/imgs/magico_cgtalk_01.mov (UPDATED)

Vitor Vilela

09-27-2004, 01:51 PM
It's looking good. Makes me want to get on with my animation but I'm still trying to finish my morphs.

09-28-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi Vitor,

your first pass looks like a good start. I like the first pose, as well as the final one. Some crits:

1. I'm not sure whether the timing when he raises the club is alright (maybe it's only the blocking that makes it appear a bit odd).

2. The lower body/feet are rather immovable, maybe the character should move forward in the second part.

Keep the updates coming ! :)

09-28-2004, 06:48 AM
Hi Vitor...the only thing i can point, is the weight of the arm with the wood...both arms are with the same timming...maybe the one with the wood should be more...slow...

thats it...

see ya

09-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Heya, back again...

Thanx for the critics guys...

hugo.m, thanx dude, i'm looking foward ur progress :D

Suricate, thanx man, you're right, the timming isn't good yet, and the feets still stuck on the ground, but i'll fix it as soon as I start the refinement. :D

Juliano, yeah the timming for both arms is the same, but after I finish the blocking process i'll start to delay and overlap things, valeu mermão ;)

So here is an updated version... still blocking

http://www.vitorvilela.com.br/imgs/magico_cgtalk_01.mov (UPDATED)

Vitor Vilela

09-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Looking sweet, but I thinkg the "touches me pose" should be much more "aargh" like. Like he's looking up as he does, but really clanches his fingers like he's frustrated and makes a face like "bleeeh(like in really disgusting)" The rest seems pretty good. I don't know about the lip-sync, but that's just becuase I can't see it really well because of the stepped. But I think that'll be fine :D

10-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Looking good. :-) I do agree on the "touches me" should be more like aahhgggrr, maybe a bit snapier movement there. Maybe bring the arms down some more.

Pretty sweet, though. Looking forward to the rest of it.

10-06-2004, 03:37 AM
Looking good so far. I think the part when he slams his club in his hand should show a bit more force, the hand barely moves from the impact. Other than that, I like it. Nice job so far.

10-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Your bandwidth has been exceeded already?:surprised I hope I get to see it soon:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.