View Full Version : simulate key

authentic
09 September 2004, 08:28 AM
I want to create a shortcut for the simulate option in the particle op of a particle system. But I don't find him in the keyboard mapping and nothing is written on the script toolbar.
Did I miss it ?? Can anybody help ???

erebos
09 September 2004, 01:02 PM
the easiest way (i think) is to just create a custom toolbar with simulate icons for all the different particle sources in ur scene.

Ablefish
09 September 2004, 05:10 PM
You might find the particle tutorial in the official tutorials worthwhile - it covers lots of workflow tips, including setting up custom buttons.

erebos
09 September 2004, 01:41 AM
i was going to suggest that as well, it also utilises a custom toolbar which had simulation and mute buttons for each particle source on it. But then upon revisitng it i noticed that it never mentions how to create it, it just says "find particle.xsiaddon" and install, never discusses how to make the toolbar.

Suppose it's easy enough though.

Ablefish
09 September 2004, 06:57 AM
In the 4.0 tuts they go through how to create the toolbar... maybe you're looking at the 3.5 tuts or something?

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.