View Full Version : moving points with different axe value

Dillinger751
09 September 2004, 07:19 PM
Hi all, i have one question - here it comes:

Question1: I have a grid, then i moved the outer points(from one edge side) to different y-axe values.
What is the command to set them (points)all to the same y-axe value?

When i put in -5 every point is moved for itself for -5 units, but i want to set every point to the coordinate system value -5 !!

I hope you understand my poor english, and have some tips for me and my problem.

so on Dillinger

Nocturn
09 September 2004, 03:42 AM
Select all points you want to have the same y value, type 0 for y value in the scale box. All points will now be at 0. Next type in -5 for y value in the transform box and all points will be at -5 in y.

JDex
09 September 2004, 03:47 AM
Yep...

If you don't have the actual coordinate (and do not want to deselct your tagged points to check)... use a temp pivot point when translating and snap to a reference point with the appropriate axis...

Ablefish
09 September 2004, 09:43 PM
You're probably looking for Transform->Collapse Points for Absolute Snapping/Translation. When that's enabled, all the points will move to the amount you specify. Otherwise, the selection's COG (center of geometry) is moved to that point.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.