View Full Version : Making Wires.......

TitanXtrm
09 September 2004, 08:19 PM
I'm using photoshop cs and finding it difficult to make realistic wires or cables. What is a good method of doing this?

Thanks,

JohnnyRandom
09 September 2004, 08:24 PM
how well do you know PhotoShop?

TitanXtrm
09 September 2004, 02:04 PM
I found a way to make some wires, not the best looking but they are pretty close. I've only been playing around in Photoshop for a few months now, so I'm still trying to figure out how to use alot of tools.....especially the pen tool. What I done was use the pen tool to make the path for the wire, then used the convert pin tool to round it out. I then right clicked the path and chose Stoke path.....Brush. The brush setting at 5. That gave me a wire shape. And then added some blending options. Does that sound about right...or are their easier ways.

Elysian
09 September 2004, 03:40 PM
How well do you know Photoshop?

berniebernie
09 September 2004, 04:25 PM
you're gonna have a hard time faking good 3d wires with photoshop; with the method you described the blending optiongs will affect the wires no matter of there angle; position (and you probably figure that if the wire is bended differently from places to places, the blending option should not be the same...)

JohnnyRandom
09 September 2004, 05:02 PM
How well do you know Photoshop? obviously not as well as you ;)

TitanXtrm
09 September 2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks.....and as for how well I know photoshop....I pretty much only know the basics, so I guess you could say I'm a beginner. :sad:

JohnnyRandom
09 September 2004, 06:04 PM
everyone's a beginner in one way or another, the reason I asked, to "draw" anything that requires "realism" in an raster or vector application generally calls for a fair amount of expierence with the application your using, as well as a fairly solid understanding of real-world drawing skills...

Elysian
09 September 2004, 06:54 PM
obviously not as well as you ;)Boy oh boy, to do you always reply like that when someone corrects you?

Incorrect; it selects the non-transparent pixels, not the transparency itself.Correct, sorry my bad, RTM its a direct quote from the listing in the keyboard shortcuts... maybe adobe should fix that

JohnnyRandom
09 September 2004, 07:10 PM
all in the way that its said... language is all about context whether its latin or english... you give the impression that you are quite rude...

Elysian
09 September 2004, 08:13 PM
Serious, I really have NO clue what your problem is and if you do have a problem, message me, but don't use this board as a medium for your personal attacks.

Thanks.

JohnnyRandom
09 September 2004, 09:18 PM
Nice1, practice what you preach...

Elysian
09 September 2004, 12:38 AM
In the blue corner we have.... and in the red corner... :D

I'm going to have a beer, I advice you to do the same. Let's top wasting our time on this bullshit.

Peace.

rickmann
09 September 2004, 05:04 PM
Titan

I believe this link will help you out: http://phong.com/tutorials/wire/

C-ya
Rick

berniebernie
09 September 2004, 10:27 AM
ooh. Never thought of using the lighting filter... Now there's a smart one that got me there. :thumbsup:

dave247
09 September 2004, 06:22 PM
mlkdesign, I absolutely LOVE your sig. It had me laughing for a long time.
I am a christian too. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.