View Full Version : ColorSync/Workflow recommendation (Mac)

09 September 2004, 10:33 AM

Help! OK, I'm a longtime Photoshop user, have managed to create some kind of Photoshop/Colorsync/something nightmare such that all things that I print from Photoshop have a huge swing to magenta.

Things printed in other apps don't have this problem.

This might be a good time for the long-deferred, "now I really need to learn about color control/calibration" -- can anyone recommend the best place to look for tutorials and the like? A lot of it is way beyond my needs (these are not pre-press proofs that I'm making)

09 September 2004, 12:09 PM
hey, there's stickyjust above this post about colours in PS. might want to go through that first. :)

09 September 2004, 12:54 PM
try supercal, it's a utility that helps building an accurate color sync profile for your monitor, it was made with LCDs in mind but it has functions for CRTs as well

09 September 2004, 11:40 AM
Bumskee-- thanks, yes, I'd looked at the sticky, but its Windows specific. The Mac has its own very good color profiling system, Colorsync. What's going wrong in my setup is, I think, some kind of clash between an Adobe color management scheme, and the native Apple one; what I'm looking for is advice on how these two things are supposed to play together.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.