XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Run cycle for minotaur-like character?

09-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Do you know of any good links/places where you can see a run cycle for a minotaur-like creature?

I need reference for this guy:

09-13-2004, 11:15 PM
hello MrLearner,

sorry i can't help you for the reference, but looking at your model, it reminds me of PAN animation (about a minotaur-like greek statue dancing around)

it might help or might not, but i'll give the link anyway

although there's no running in the animation, there are dancing and walks, so it might worth checking out :)

09-14-2004, 02:03 AM
Maybe you can try look over the page of Sam Crowe.

If I remember well is www.polyfarmer.com (http://www.polyfarmer.com)

He has a couple of animation using a minotaur.

Hope you can get what are you looking for.

09-14-2004, 07:21 AM
thanks to both of you.
going to check them out

Chad Stevens
09-14-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey, Mr Learner, your character has the back legs of a horse/bull so look at those for ref.
If you try and keep the thigh bone and the lower shin bone (which is actually the foot in a human) parallel as much as possible, it will look a lot neater and give you some nice squash and stretch.

Also, have a look at muybridge, look at what shapes an animals back legs make at different parts in the cycle - try and replicate those and you'll be somewhere near creating a believeable character.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.