View Full Version : Cust. Layouts: Construction Mode Panel?

JDex
09 September 2004, 05:36 AM
Hey folks... I am trying to put together some custom layouts and the 4.0 improvements are overall pretty good, but I can't seem to find the Contruction Mode Panel in the Set View options... I have gone through each and every available option, so I know it's not there.

Is there no way of adding the handy little dropdown to the custom views? Is it a bug or oversight? Or am I just dense?

Any thoughts?

BTW... Searched CGT and theBase thouroughly as well as Help & HTML Manuals... Customizing Layouts is indeed one area that the manuals need some additional info.

JDex
09 September 2004, 06:00 AM
Found a temp workaround

Save 4 scripts... name them ConMode# (0-3)

ConMode0.vbs>> SetValue "Context.constructionmode", 0
ConMode1.vbs>> SetValue "Context.constructionmode", 1
ConMode2.vbs>> SetValue "Context.constructionmode", 2
ConMode3.vbs>> SetValue "Context.constructionmode", 3

Make a custom toolbar and drag these scripts to it to make buttons... add the toolbar to the layout. It works, but ain't pretty.

JDex
09 September 2004, 12:07 PM
Well... I finally got it. After digging through the XML, I have discovered that I can make a property panel and set the View Properties > targetcontent to Desktop.Context and get the dropdown selection.

So once I discovered this info... I did a search for property panels... nothing found about this issue. Then tried a search for Desktop.Context... and there is an entry right on the Manual Page. GRRRR!!!

Not sure if I just didn't notice it, or if I just didn't know what I was looking for (doesn't mention Construction Modes, so it's probably the latter).

Anywho... perhaps this solo thread will help someone with the same problem later.

Cheers

ayan13
07 July 2005, 04:07 AM
I got it. It is so good.:)

greyface
07 July 2005, 08:41 AM
If you've made any cool layouts, make sure to post them :thumbsup:.

ayan13
07 July 2005, 03:03 AM
OK, I made two.Not special, just to learn customizing layout and edit .xsily.Here are the two layouts I made.

1,normal1152864
http://bbs.chinavfx.net/attachments/200507/03105655-1152normal.gif
2,autohide1152*864
http://bbs.chinavfx.net/attachments/200507/03105820-1152autohide01.gif

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2005, 03:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.