View Full Version : Above & Beyond - Vehicle/Character - SoulCatcher

SoulCatcher
08 August 2002, 03:33 AM
Well, well, well, looks like the new challenge is here. I wanted to post something for us 2d challengers since I saw the 3D section had already began and I wanted to make it look like us 2D folk are not falling behind. Lets see if what i come up with this time, hopefully I will learn a little bit more, and get an actual finished piece. This time I am starting to work when the challenge starts, I have more time on my shoulders and I feel like I might just do it. :applause:

Finishing the piece. THAT is MY challenge. Now its time to get the lead out. :arteest:

SoulCatcher
08 August 2002, 08:49 PM
First quick sketch.

I am going for an E.T. parody. the aircraft is cropped out of the pic for the time beign, because is nothing but sketch lines. Check it out

SoulCatcher
08 August 2002, 10:08 PM
Posting Progress...

The kid is called Elian Torres (E.T.) and he is an illegal alien. I would like to call this piece "E.T. The Illegal Alien", a parody of course, a little bit funnier than my usual works.

Tommy Lee
08 August 2002, 10:54 PM
funny idea Catcher.:)

Looks good for me(Till now!)
IŽll keep an eye on it

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

lildragon
08 August 2002, 11:55 PM
LOL!! that's great, I have my eye on this one ;) but remember the emotions ;)

actually ya know what I'll add one more emotion, freaked out :eek:

lildragon
08 August 2002, 11:57 PM
done ;)

SoulCatcher
08 August 2002, 12:00 AM
Thanks Lildragon! I cant help it but feel a little special right now.;)

earl
08 August 2002, 12:51 AM
That's a great idea! I love his expression. I can just hear him saying: "E.T. telephonar a casa!"

SoulCatcher
08 August 2002, 07:27 PM
Just wanted to give you guys a little behind the scenes look. This is the picture I am using as a reference. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.