View Full Version : dummies and bones

eagle300
08 August 2002, 11:13 PM
anyone know of any good bones rigging and applications of bones tutorials? i'm having problems figuring out dummies....no pun intended. i'm having problems attaching the dummies.

Chris
08 August 2002, 11:56 PM
http://www.maxtd.com/frames.htm

these rock for max! :)

eagle300
08 August 2002, 02:23 AM
Excellent ttutorials. know of any video tutorials? i'd like to see this visually. i think it'd be easier if this dummy could see how the dummies are linked to the bones.

Chris
08 August 2002, 02:52 AM
sorry, I dont know of any off hand. What in particular are you having problems with? The basic idea to link a dummy to a bone would be:

click 'select & link' tool
click on the dummy & drag the dotted line to the bone you want to link to, then release.

that will link the dummy to the bone so that it inherits the bones position, rotation & scale transforms.

eagle300
08 August 2002, 02:54 AM
i think the problem is figuring out what to do after that. after i link the dummy to the bone, i notice that the bone and dummy move but everything stays in place. it's like it's been unlinked to the main bone chain.

Chris
08 August 2002, 03:13 AM
that sounds like a wierd one. Is anything else previously linked to the dummy?

Nemises
08 August 2002, 02:26 AM
Be Careful which way you are linking.

If you link the Bone to the Dummy, then the previous link (bone -> skin) could eb broken.

The bone must be the parent of the Dummy, not the other way around.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.