View Full Version : deselect selected channels in CB using mel

Octagon
08 August 2004, 08:38 AM
Anyone know how to do it?

I digged trough various alias channelBox scripts and double checked the docs for the channelBox command but didnīt find anything

-m

westiemad
08 August 2004, 03:46 PM
the channel box command creates a channel box for u to edit, what do u want to do with the data in the box, just select it or edit it aswell, you can select the objects attributes by using the normal select commands i think

Octagon
08 August 2004, 06:14 PM
I just want to deselect a selected channel, thatīs all.

Iīm aware of the many things that the hotbox command offers, but still, thereīs no way to deselect a channel it seems.

Iīm not even looking for a "clean" solution. Some dirty trick like messing with the selection in order to get rid of the selected channel would be fine to, for my purpose.

Any ideas?

Palin
08 August 2004, 07:41 PM
Same as below

Palin
08 August 2004, 08:03 PM
sorry for the double post. Had a hiccup on the net when I sent this in

Palin
08 August 2004, 08:21 PM
How is it you are selecting the given channel? Are you using a script or are you clicking in the channel box on the name? I am having a hard time trying to figure out how you are selecting the channel so that I can find the way to clear the selection.

macaroniKazoo
08 August 2004, 09:41 PM
i don't think you can select stuff in the channelBox... i'm pretty sure they're queryable only. frustrating i know.

paulwconnor
08 August 2004, 07:24 PM
I think maybe 'Octagon' means he's selected a specific channel in the channel box (eg. the translateX channel), and he wants to de-select it... is that right..?

Octagon
08 August 2004, 09:30 AM
I think maybe 'Octagon' means he's selected a specific channel in the channel box (eg. the translateX channel), and he wants to de-select it... is that right..?

Correct. :)

Octagon
08 August 2004, 09:33 AM
i'm pretty sure they're queryable only. frustrating i know.

thatīs what I thought too. I hate it when you realize maya actually has limits.

:cry:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.