View Full Version : I need any critiques, please. Thanks.

08 August 2004, 03:24 PM
My name is Jamie Giger. This is my first entry for the CG Talk. I hope you all like my first narrative animation. It was a lot of fun to make. Itís about 24 MB DivX format (I'll try to make other formats) go to: (

I created a demo reel for the Art Institute of Colorado. I wanted to be the first person to create a 5 min. demo reel and the first person to graduate with a narrative demo reel from the school. I won the Art Institute Of Colorado Par-Excellence 2004 Demo Reel award for Air Born. 85% of my demo reel was completed in ten weeks. The other 15% was coming up with an idea, storyboarding it out, and modeling most of the airplanes, characters, and environments over eleven months. I hope everyone likes it. If you would like to give me any comments, critiques, or questions just e-mail me at ( Thank you all.

Jamie Giger

P.S. Temporarily I am borrowing some-web space from my roommate Jeff G. Check out his stuff at .

08 August 2004, 12:18 AM
Nice film but I'm not sure that using it as a demo real is such a good idea. Your have a good sence of editing, storytelling, and cinimatography and if you plan on working in one of these areas then the demo real may be ok. However if you plan on going into modeling, texturing, riging, or animating you need to rethink this demo real. Your animation holds up for story purpouses but thiers no HOLY #*(&( factor when it comes to the models, textures, or animation. IMO you would be better off spending the same amount of time that you did on this piece on a short 30 sec spot. That way each shot could be a work of art in it's self and you could spend more time refining the look of your characters and sets, and thier respective motions. I can tell you put alot of work into this and I must say it was entertaining. Gl finding work.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.