View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 66.5: "As soon as the dame walked in, I knew she was trouble...."
08 August 2004, 03:29 PM
"As soon as the dame walked in, I knew she was trouble...." By ROR
In honor of SIGGRAPH conference...
Posted Aug 10 6:30 EST
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* 640 x 480 / 480 x 640 OR 800 x 600 /600 x 800
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
08 August 2004, 09:14 PM
About an hour and 15 min
(K-bouters are them things with the red pointy hats :S)
08 August 2004, 11:26 PM
around 2h, photoshop.
08 August 2004, 11:29 PM
Photoshop / 45 min
Kinda messy today, hopefully I will be able to put a little more time in later.
08 August 2004, 03:46 AM
Nice everyone :)
BTW- Roberto, you made two Daily Sketch #66's.
08 August 2004, 04:38 AM
well this is a nice topic, i always liked detective stories!
so here it is:
i think i must get more into texture and colors.. a need a lot of experimenting, but itīs nice to learn.
08 August 2004, 11:20 AM
20 minutes pencil + scanned
Didnt have much time today...
08 August 2004, 12:15 PM
hello,i know that this is very unsuccessful pic................but pls donīt beat me
08 August 2004, 01:14 PM
Drumwhore, I like those eyes, really look like spheres.
( she might consider wearing a bra though )
08 August 2004, 04:17 PM
after a long vacation, this was the first painting I did.
1:30 hour PSP 7 Wacom
08 August 2004, 06:12 PM
Drumwhore, wow, great-o. I think your shading's excellent.
Franz, I really like the style you use.
08 August 2004, 08:23 PM
thanx Shray, are we gonna see something from you?
08 August 2004, 09:49 PM
just a quick one from me, did the glows by taking a silhouette selection, expanding it doing a feather then filling white, kinda worked. [Edit] shifted things around a little looks better now.
3db2, nice feel & look to this one, veils a nice touch
Drumwhore, nice work on this one, so what is she saying then?
MustardWash, heh nice idea
08 August 2004, 09:57 PM
thanks :) she's then making a boring comment about time ;)
08 August 2004, 01:56 AM
about 30 min in PS with a wacom. Still getting use to it.
08 August 2004, 06:22 PM
As the dame appeared I had a sudden premonition that she was trying to hide more then just her belly... 1 1/2h
08 August 2004, 12:23 AM
It took an unfortionate 4 1/2 hours, maybe 5...yeap probably pushing 5. Photoshop and wacom tablet.
01 January 2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.