XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Depth Blur Focal Point picker not working??

08-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok, I rendered out an image in Lightwave, saved it as an RLA file, and brought it into DFX+.

Im applying the Depth Blur tool, and when i go click and drag the Focal Point picker I get no change at all.. Nada, zilch, zip, zero, nil…

Now, This is the first time that I’ve tried screwing around with the depth blur tool.. Am I missing something so basic?

Ive picked from the original image displayed on the left, Ive picked from the post depth blur image displayed on the right. Heck, I even tried picking from the thumbnail image in the flow.. :)

This seems like it should be so simple, what am I missing??

08-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Are you saving from the image viewer or from the image filter exporter? You need to use the RLA exporter in the image filters for it to save depth info.

08-06-2004, 03:05 AM
Ok, It works that way, But I get this weird halo-ing effect that I don’t really like…

And the blur isn’t realy “smooth” …

08-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Ok, I figured out part of my problem. I was saving the files as RLA from either the render options or the image viewer. Once I save them out from the image filter buffer the z picker seems to work, and I get a different values as I move the picker around the image.

Then I had to futz around with it to determine that my focal point needed to be a real small number to give me a facsimile of a small Depth of field.. (0.001)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.