View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 58 : "Mechas and Exoskeletons gone Amok"
08-01-2004, 12:09 PM
"Mechas and Exoskeletons gone Amok" inspired by n2Christtheking"
Posted Aug 1 8:11 EST
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* 640 x 480 / 480 x 640 OR 800 x 600 /600 x 800
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
08-01-2004, 01:52 PM
where's 58? :)
08-01-2004, 04:33 PM
08-02-2004, 12:00 AM
2h / photoshop.
I kinda suck at robot design.. they're looking.. oldskool :/
Hope you like it anyway :)
08-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Hey I like your choice of colors, Drumwhore. I like yours alot too, made in uterus, though it took me a few seconds to 'read' it.
08-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Drumwhore... your Picture is AMAZING! Yet again another great pic.
I have never been one for mechs so here is mine.. about 3 or 4 hours on Photoshop.. Wacom too.
08-02-2004, 03:18 AM
Nice submissions everyone. Drumwhore, I like the way you showed metal, looking forward to the day I'm able to do that :D
3 Hrs in PS w. WACOM - it was 600x800, but I cropped it down. I seem to be doing that on every single sketch, think I should just start drawing at 1024 x 768 and crop THOSE.
08-02-2004, 05:53 AM
I had a slightly different take on today's topic.
Hope you like it. 3 hours in ps / wacom
08-02-2004, 01:14 PM
I have missed so many great topics :sad: ... time to get stuck back into it!!!
painter / 2hr30
Photoshop 7 - Painter - wacom tablet - 1 hour 30 min.
08-02-2004, 08:12 PM
sory for my lately post,but I havenīt got much time........
pencil sketch 10min,inking 50min,watercolors 15min(i hate everything what need water:scream: ).... on paper,than foto with digital camera
08-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Mecha gone Amok
little late but couldn't miss this topic:)
Drumwhore that's really nice!
about an hour photoshop
08-03-2004, 12:16 AM
^ ^ ^ compositionally (in terms of lighting, placement, selection of camera angle) amazing Goro.
08-03-2004, 07:02 AM
...I think of Robots and Turtles
1- 1 1/2h
08-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Heh, here's a hint. Don't try to draw and talk on IM at the same time. O : )
Took me nearly three hours 'cuz I was yakking for most of the time. PS/Mouse
It's not finished, but... I'm done with it. It's 4:30am and I have places to be tomorrow. *yawn*
The few that are here are awesome. Nice use of color and perspective, Mr T. I liked this topic... 'cuz, while yeah my robot looks horrible... my humans are worse. Heheh.
08-05-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm really liking DRUMWHORE's pic, it has a really good look and feel to it. I don't mind the old school look at all, gives it a bit more character. Way to go!
08-05-2004, 08:54 PM
hehe thanks for the kind words! :D
08-06-2004, 02:37 AM
this one is 2.5 hours PS
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.