View Full Version : attaching fill or adjustment layers to existing layers

michelengeltje
07 July 2004, 07:48 PM
As you might know in photoshop youíre able to attach a fill or an adjustment layer to the layer beneath it, the chosen settings only effect the layer that it is attached too

Is it possible to link a fill or adjustment layer to a particular layer after both layers where created separately?

Example, layer 0, containing a picture to which I attached an adjustment layer adjusting the hue by 3, the saturation by -10 and the lightness by +15. This adjustment layer is set up so that it only affects this picture (checked: use previous layer to create clipping mask).

On top of this layer I place layer 2 containing just text. Layer 3 contains a another picture which I want to adjust in the same way I adjusted the picture on layer 0, the easiest way I can think of is finding a way to attach the adjustment layer I just used on layer 0 to this layer 3 (using the same, use previous layer to create clipping mask, setting). Is there anyway of doing this?

Greetz,

Michelengeltje

Ps. Iím using Photoshop 7 (home) and Photoshop CS (on the job).

JDex
07 July 2004, 08:36 PM
Hover your cursor over the line between your layers (in the palette) and press alt (or the Mac equivilent) and click.

michelengeltje
07 July 2004, 09:24 PM
wow! very quick reply! and right on the money! thanks lots! Adobe has a funny way of giving you all these options (that you can guess excicst) but hidding them away so perfectly! This will save me time! Again thanx loads!

michelengeltje

JDex
07 July 2004, 10:14 PM
;)

Yeah... but learning those hidden features is what seperates the hobbiests from the pros. =D

Cheers

michelengeltje
07 July 2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah... but learning those hidden features is what seperates the hobbiests from the pros.
spank! :scream: - thanx for that one! :buttrock:

michelengeltje

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.