View Full Version : dagger strokes?

07 July 2004, 07:20 AM
Ive airbrushed some in the last few years. Obviously the dagger stroke is mainly used.

Question is, is it possible to do that in PS7? If so, do i have to purchase tablet or one of these computer airbrushes?


forgot to add: dagger stroke is going from a wide stroke in to a thin stroke in one motion. Kinda like a stretched teardrop.

07 July 2004, 07:42 AM
Yeah... prolly gonna need a tablet... preferably a Intous2 with the Airbrush Stylus.

07 July 2004, 07:46 PM
thanks for the info

07 July 2004, 07:57 PM
Figured I could possibly help with this.

I was fooling around with brush options and I think I found exactly what you're looking for.

Pick a normal brush, pref. a decent sized one, then goto the brush panel.

Goto brush dynamics, and at the "control" drop down box, choose "Fade".

Using a mouse (or a Wacom) it creates a "tear-like" stroke without any fuss.

(Note: have to wait for a moderator to accept my post, sorry if I end up repeating someone!)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.