Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : video card output

07-24-2002, 12:13 PM
does anyone know how I can get an output from my pc to a monitor?

I work on pc's with afx/maya/adobe stuffs/and lots of others.

I need to be able to see the output of what I'm creating from my pc.
If I can render, then drop the animation onto a board that will display/playback the graphic on a monitor. This way I can see any issues with field dominance/line contrast/etc...

I used to use a perception video card which was quite cool when I used softimage as I just rendered, dropped it on the board, and hit play to see the animation on the monitor.

I know it seems like I've answered my own question here, but this process was used 5years ago! obviously there'll be better out there now so lets hear it!

07-29-2002, 06:27 AM
I have an alternative solution. It's not elegant, it's a bit tedious, but it's what I've chosen to do and thought I'd bring it up. :)

I bought a firewire videocamera for $500. (Sony TRV-140 I think...) Basically I bought the camera so I could do some motion tracking experiments. After playing with it a bit, I discovered put video back onto the camera and play it.

I think that's seriously cool. For $500 I bought a video camera I can capture perfectly from + a PC to TV out that works even interlaced. I dunno if that's of any interest to you, but it was a pleasant surprise for me. Next time I go job hunting I'm going to use that to go to VHS for my demo reel. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.