View Full Version : VFS Animation reel- 'ten minutes or less'

bluegrl
06 June 2004, 07:24 PM
I just completed the 3d Animation and Visual Effects program at Vancouver Film School. Here is my student reel 'Ten Minutes or Less'. The audio is still likely to change a bit. I would love to hear what you all think of the film. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please enjoy!

Thanks,

Amanda

link directly to film: (RIGHT CLICK AND 'SAVE TARGET AS') 13.8MB
http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/vids/atoperoff_10minorless.mov (http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/vids/atoperoff_10minorless.mov)

link to website:
http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/ (http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/)

http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/images/CGtalk.jpg

Holycow
06 June 2004, 07:29 PM
Your link produces a 404.

BeCOOL_MiN
06 June 2004, 07:31 PM
FiNALLY..

You Did it!
Sam is finally debut. He so Cute ( as you said, haha.. )

It's been quite fun and hard one year, Amanda.
I think you worked really hard and deserve some things.

Wish Good Luck Out There..

bluegrl
06 June 2004, 07:35 PM
thanks for trying Holycow. unfortunately, the VFS server doesn't allow direct links so you have to right click and 'save target as'. hope it works. amanda

Reserved24hrs
06 June 2004, 11:37 PM
Cool~! I love it..... keep in touch

NP.

3d43naveen
06 June 2004, 12:23 AM
Thats a good reel amanda u have come a long way good work!!! again keep up the good work

coshey
06 June 2004, 06:49 PM
I love your reel Amanda. It must feel good to be finally done! Keep up the good work Amanda. Good luck job hunting.

-Chad Fraser

KolbyJukes
06 June 2004, 06:52 PM
Whazzuh! You're done! AWESOME!

it must feel nice to be done...Good luck with finding a job, I doubt you'll have any problems :)

Sorry i was such an anti-social asshole all year ;)

-Kolby.

robin3d
06 June 2004, 01:19 AM
The animation is great :) one thing to consider thou, i thought the knife trick in the begining felt a litle bit powerless and weightless, other than that wonderfull :)

Goodluck with the findin job :)

Bygzam
06 June 2004, 03:52 AM
wow~~! it's sooooo good to see your reel in here Amanda!
awsome animation!!
Again, same as every one "Keep up the good work!"

Kol:
i thouht i'm more anti-social asshole then anyone else in class..-_-"

-Poping:)

KolbyJukes
06 June 2004, 04:06 AM
Kol:

LOL! No, you're just quiet :) I'm really an asshole.

-Kol.

KolbyJukes
06 June 2004, 04:06 AM
Kol:

LOL! No, you're just quiet :) I'm really an asshole.

-Kol.

Jesse-Irvin
06 June 2004, 09:10 AM
Amanda! Awesome work! I remember when you were still working on a ball push. You have come soo far! Congrats!

bluegrl
06 June 2004, 10:24 PM
hey guys,

thanks so much for all of the kind words and advice.

BeCool_MiN - you rock. and, sam thinks you're cute too. don't leave.

NP- i will definitely keep in touch. No P, No P. when will we see 'curiosity' up here?

Naveen and Chad- thanks guys. It was a fun year and am excited to see what you guys get up to next.

Kwak- anti-social: YES. asshole: DEFINITELY NOT. but, we all had fun giving you a hard time. we missed you at grad. we'll send you a version of the video. how's madison? go check out some music on the terrace!

Poping- quiet: YES. asshole: DEFINITELY NOT EITHER.

Robin - thanks for the comment on the knife. i'll work on it. hope your stuff is going well.

jesse- it's been a long road. thanks for always being a great resource.

Heber
06 June 2004, 11:47 PM
hi , i saw some short clips off this on your website awhole back , cool to see it done , congrats on putting out a great animation and best of luck
-heber

3d43lea
06 June 2004, 12:40 AM
AAAAMANDA!

Your reel really kicks ass! I'm sorry I tried to smooth out Sam's bum in term 4 hehe he looks great now :bounce: The style of your reel looks spectacular! I'm so happy that I got to know you during VFS, thanx for mentioning 3d43 in your grad speech!

Good luck with everything! Keep in touch ok?

LotsaLuvLea

sempiternal
06 June 2004, 01:45 AM
oh yeah that was pretty awesome!!:eek:

great animation, but it was sooo cool to actually see a bit of a story actually happening too. i'm just starting to notice a lot of animations are just being animations for the sake of it without actually having any depth to it, this was actually interesting and entertaining. i can't think of any crits to give, i really loved it.

how long did this take to do?

well done anyway, hope the hard work pays off for you!!:thumbsup:

Package
06 June 2004, 05:48 AM
Thats some great work Amanda. I've enjoyed how your reel has come together and the extra time you put into it has really paid off.

BVZM
06 June 2004, 01:27 AM
Hi blue eyes!

U still alive!
As I told you, you did a great job. Your artistic side is growing a lot. How many scenes did u add in the little smelly room?
All the best for you but.. why you disappear?
The magnet is not working anymore..
Miss you..

From Rome..

Flud's Keeper
06 June 2004, 03:16 AM
Wow, it turned out super cool. I think you came a long way with your animatin' styles since t4. If I ever start liking sushi, I'm definately ordering from Sammy.

It was great to know you, and good luck with your job hunt.

Marine Biologists rule!!

Take Care
Bart

halogirl
06 June 2004, 11:45 PM
Hi Amanda,
First of all, that poster of yours kicks serious ass. I always thought your story was so cute, and you are one of the hardest workers I've ever met. Your animation has changed so much since the last time I saw it, you did a wonderful job.

Best wishes from the Northeast,
Alissa

ngarte
06 June 2004, 02:53 AM
Heeeellloooo A-MAN-DA!!!

Great to finally see your reel online. Been waiting patiently for it. Everything turn out wonderful and I can still remember you stressing over your animation. See, everything work out just fine... cos of all the work you have put in...

I wish you all the very best... Come visit me in Singapore : )

adrian ng
www.ngarte.com (http://www.ngarte.com)

Turntablism Rocks!

ksedore
07 July 2004, 03:46 AM
Hey Amanda,

You're super! Your animation is super! And Sam is super! No matter how much we had to convince you of these things at times, you really are a great animator. Who knew marine biologists could animate?! JA JA JA! You know I'm just teasing. (I have to make sure though...you know, I have that no sense of humour thing!) Honestly though, I totally respect and admire you. You work so hard. You do what you think is right (even J walking!) You're fun and a great friend. You truly made this past year a lot of fun for our class. See you in California...or Australia...or Hawaii...or...who knows where!

Kristin

PS: I have your hand lotion! You can't leave Canada without it!

winstonxyz
07 July 2004, 05:40 PM
Great job Amanda :thumbsup:

Nice to see your reel, I like the flow of your animation!!!

Best Wishes,

Winston
REEL (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1428208#post1428208)
3d45winston@vfs.com

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.