View Full Version : this part of forum dead?

Byla
06 June 2004, 06:38 AM
So, this part of forum is pretty much dead? What, noone uses shake or doesnt have any questions about it?

Hugh
06 June 2004, 08:30 AM
Uh... how long has there been a Shake section???

The posts tell me quite a while, but I've never seen it here before (I suspect that someone went through the general compositing forum moving all of the Shake posts to here...)

Anyway, I'm a big Shake user.... It will be interesting to see who else on here uses it...

Byla
06 June 2004, 08:35 AM
Well I am starting to use it. And I like the architecture and the feeling of it. But what I hate the most is the lack of tutorials. Thats why I am wondering if this cmiStudios video tutorials (payable) are any good? It should got from beginning stages to advanced ones

alexx
06 June 2004, 08:37 AM
emm.. this one is new!

they might only have moved some old shake threads in here..

great there is one now.

cheers

alexx

Hugh
06 June 2004, 08:39 AM
Hmmm.... to be honest, I'm not entirely convinced by them....

I've not found any really good online teaching for Shake (there are a few courses around - one that I know of here in London)

I was fortunate enough to learn by doing stuff in my spare time at the place I used to work. The head comper there was happy to help me out as and when I had any questions...

Byla
06 June 2004, 08:41 AM
Ok lets open a new thread about learning shake

beaker
06 June 2004, 11:17 PM
The Shake section is brand new. I was at VES for the last 4 days when they added the forum so I haven't got around to moving threads into here.

Hugh
06 June 2004, 08:31 AM
I was at VES for the last 4 days when they added the forum.
How was it? We had a couple of reports over at VFXTalk about a couple of the talks - I'd love to be able to go (although it's a bit far/expensive from here....)

Ross Forster
06 June 2004, 11:39 AM
It's nice to see another forum come alive for Shake, especially here. At the moment some of the sites about, which one would expect to have a lot of traffic, simply don't. Hopefully this one will be used well!

Oh and Hugh, I second that. :)

GNelke
06 June 2004, 12:21 AM
Cool! Glad this thread is here. I've been using Shake for about a month now and I really like the node based system. Only forum for Shake I know of is at Highend2D.

Hugh
06 June 2004, 07:48 AM
<braces for backlash from beaker> (he did ask, though, and it is pertinent information! ;))

Only forum for Shake I know of is at Highend2D. VFXTalk.com (http://www.vfxtalk.com) also has a Shake forum - VFXTalk is specifically for compositing stuff....

FKMaster
06 June 2004, 03:21 PM
VFXTalk.com (http://www.vfxtalk.com) also has a Shake forum - VFXTalk is specifically for compositing stuff....[/QUOTE]

yeh ! new design !.............. looks good:thumbsup:

Ross Forster
06 June 2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah, if you look you will probably find quite a few others than the major ones like VFXTalk or highend2d, but I think some of the problem lies with the fact that there are so many...leaving the userbase spread out, hence the sporadic posting on some of them.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.