View Full Version : How attach to a text a chord effect vibration

Yo RoBoT
06-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Hello, i’m recently a beginner using any composition software. I work with Combustion 3.
My doubt is: suppose you have a Text along a imaginary line.

Now suppose you touch this line just like a guitar chord (cord)

I make a mini line effect to illustrate the point: (90kb) (divx)

Then, i like to put my text instead the imaginary line and attach the effect of the moving chord.

How can i solve this problem... i dunno how to make it, thanks J

06-23-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure that I got your point, but you could create a Text on Path and animate the vertices of that path to simulate what you want. Adding a motion blur after that migh enhance the effect even further.

See ya,

Yo RoBoT
06-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Ok, sorry because i’m unclear J

Well the point is. I do a new “horrible animation” by hand to ilustrate better the issue (104 kb)

the idea is that the letters moves something like the above animation and through the time the movemente of the “cord” is more quiet.

and... how i do the attach to a patch or how can i create a patch for join the text and make the text blow up in the middle?

06-26-2004, 05:49 AM
Case you're using Combustion 3 you may use Re:Flex Warp

You can find it's doc's under
C:\Program Files\discreet\combustion 3\Help\REVisionEffects\REFlexManual

And some tutorials under
C:\Program Files\discreet\combustion 3\Help\REVisionEffects\REFlexCombustionTutorials

But those paths wil depend on your OS, OS language and instalation directory.

I hope it helps :thumbsup:

Yo RoBoT
07-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Really thanks diogo girondi :thumbsup:
i'll try this. bye.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.