XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Animation Degree Questions

06-18-2004, 03:34 PM
I am currently considering starting a degree program with Westwood College Online.

Has anyone else dealt with Westwood for an animation degree? Other colleges?

Was it worth it? Is a degree from this institution [or the one you attended] worth anything when it comes to finding jobs?

Are there other [preferably online] programs that you would recommend?

Thanks, I look forward to reading your comments!

06-19-2004, 03:03 AM
I don't know anything about the westwood animation program but I can't imagine it's a real indepth school. You may want to check out www.animationmentor.com if your desire an online school for character animation. Otherwise you may want to consider actually attending a school as opposed to online classes. I understand if your current schedule only allows for web classes but their are some benifits to actually attending classes.
Really what it comes down to though is your dedication. A degree looks nice on a resume but your demo reel is what gets you hired. (provided your not completely lacking in social and grooming habits)
If I were you I'd spend a great deal of time researching multiple schools before you commit. If your gonna pay for an education you really want to get the most for your money.
Good luck

06-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks, Kevin! I especially like your point about the demo reel being one of the more important aspects [as far as grooming... I *think* I do okay...]. I've been to the AnimationMentor website but it looked like it hadn't really launched yet. As for dedication, my wife tells me I'm going to be very dedicated.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.