View Full Version : Feedback for Matte Painting School Project

RandyTLuttrell
12 December 2017, 06:40 AM
Hey everyone, just joined CG Society.  My name is Randy and I am currently a student at The Academy Of Art University. I am getting my M.A. in 3D animation and Visual Effects, with a focus on compositing. I took an intro matte painting class and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some feedback on my final project. I don't have a lot of experience in matte painting, but it was a really cool subject to learn about. Anyways, here is a video of my project. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!
hOltFb8ceH8

bitta
01 January 2018, 08:20 AM
Hi  Randy  , i am not a matte painter   but sill  i think its good  for start , one thing i might suggest is  try to post  your work as you are making it  like wip  in that way  you can get more help from the community  and  also you can change   according to suggestions , now its complete  .

Travis
06 June 2018, 05:20 PM
Hey Randy, 

This is a good piece for the sketchbook threads so you can get paintovers or advice. I think this is a good start and looks a lot like other student work starting on matte paintings. Value and saturation are going to be your friend for a piece like this or your enamy if you dont control them.  There are to many crits to go over here but if you start a thread in sketchbooks I would love to see what your currently on and offer some input there if you would like it.