View Full Version : Nike Stickman...

Jackdeth
06 June 2004, 06:39 PM
Well, since there have been several other really cool threads about Nike commericals, I though to add our project into the mix. The spots just won a Gold Clio last week to be added to the Gold Lion they also won last year a Cannes.

There are 4 spots, 3 done for Europe and 1 for Asia. They were filmed all handheld with a dude in a green suit (for eye lines) that had to be patched out. 3d Stickman was all animated and rendered in Maya, as was most of the balls/fresbies.

Its too bad people state side never got to see them, so here you go....

http://www.hydraulx.com/commercial.php

SheepFactory
06 June 2004, 06:44 PM
Jackdeth are the servers a bit slow>? It takes 15 minutes to download one commercial and i am on dsl. other sites dl fast.

I am glad you guys used big quicktime movies though , much nicer to watch than the small ones.

Jackdeth
06 June 2004, 06:46 PM
Hmmmm, I'll take a look. We only went with the bigger ones once we found a good compression that made them load almost as fast as the smaller ones.

Time to kick the admin in the butt... ;)

**EDIT**

Those files are 24 megs. I'm going have them make them a bit smaller...

gruvsyco
06 June 2004, 07:13 PM
those are pretty fun. it is a shame they never made it stateside

fig
06 June 2004, 08:10 PM
i watched these on the nike football site several months ago, loved them. absolutely killer work, great stuff man :thumbsup:

chris

AWAKE
06 June 2004, 09:05 PM
A dingo stole my bandwidth......;)

jishjosh
06 June 2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by AWAKE
A dingo stole my bandwidth......;)

Not to mention your budget.

Beamtracer
06 June 2004, 01:04 AM
The Quicktime downloaded in about 5 minutes here. Looks great. Cool spot.

tauism
06 June 2004, 01:57 AM
hey jackdeath, were you there for the shoot?

It'll have been so cool to meet ronaldinho!
He is a master of street soccer!

If you've seen the new nike ad with portugal vs brazil, he pulls off an amazing move at the end.

thematt
06 June 2004, 08:30 AM
Jackdeph, I envy you man, it must have been a real kick doing those commercial they are Great..Top quality and direction paticulary love the basketball one..

Glad to finaly got to know where you work.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.