Celebrating over 25 years in the industry, Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex visual effects for high end, block buster feature films with studios worldwide: Vancouver, Los Angeles, Munich, and Stuttgart. Founded in Germany, the company expanded to Los Angeles in 2007 and opened the largest studio in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia in 2011. In 2015 it won the Emmy for Outstanding Visual Effects for their work on Game of Thrones. Scanline VFX has received multiple Academy Award Nominations for Best Achievement in Visual Effects: 2014 for Iron Man 3 and in 2010 for its work on director Clint Eastwoods Hereafter. We are also well known for our proprietary, in-house fluid effects software Flowline, for which it received a 2008 Scientific and Technical Achievement Academy Award.
A Roto Animation Artist is responsible for delivering high quality character roto-animation for feature films. They would be working closely alongside Matchmove Artists and Animators to create animation that matches the movement & silhouette of the selected character on the film backplate and that also moves realistically in 3D space. Successful applicants should have the ability to work well as part of a team and be capable of delivering work to meet deadlines.
- To roto-animate a variety of characters to match the film backplates for various film projects and maintain consistent shot quality
- To work closely with Roto Animation Supervisor / Leads to create convincing performances and motion of characters and objects in both screen and 3D space within the animation package for the addition of CG effects.
- To be able to follow direction and take ownership of your tasks.
- To be able to confidently flag when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers.
- Do their best to stay positive and accept direction changes in an intense production environment.
- To be conscious of continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character / rig.
- To organize their time, collaborate, and effectively communicate with their supervisors and team mates.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Similar role with 1+ years within feature films.
- Knowledge of 3D animation toolsets – Intermediate - knowledge of Maya required
- The candidate must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists.
- Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Roto Animation Leads / Supervisors.
- Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule.
- An understanding of the computer graphics production process and other departments/disciplines needs and requirements.
- Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines.
- An understanding of animation principles and work methods.
- Good communication skills both technically and creatively.
- Animation/drawing/sculpting skills a plus.
HOW TO APPLY: http://scanlinevfx.applyfirst.ca/