Lee, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

View Full Version : demon hunter & warden/warcraft/fanart

perfecti
04-27-2004, 11:30 PM
... my latest fanart . . .. .. :) http://www.perfecti.hotmail.ru/demonwarden.jpg .... night elves rule ...!!:buttrock:

Āme noire
04-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Hmm... thinking of the characters are not your idea, there is not much left to criticize. Looks nice but lacks totally of expression and there are also some minor anatomy issues.

perfecti
04-28-2004, 11:05 AM
...hmmm.....if this is fanart .... how it can be my own characters ....:hmm: ....expression ....have you ever played warcraft ..?? you wish that full of anger demon hunter have stupid smile on his face ..:D ...anatomy .... mmmm.. it's more style than problems ..

SpiritWalker
04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Blizzard Rulez!!!! im a huge fun of Blizzard and i think they are the best comapany in the games inudstry, also the have an incredible team of animators. would i like to work there when i grow up =D

and back to the drawing (sorry got carried away), im a huge fun of warcraft (and starcraft of course), great games.
i like the image alot. though i think Illidan is better then the Warden in this picture. overall great job, u really captures the characters. i love it.

Āme noire
04-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Yep, I played all parts of warcraft, and I am a big fan of the fantasy-comic-style blizzard gives to their games (not only the warcraft series).

In my opinion the main problem is that your characters though drawn very well do not really capture that style, but I think for fan-art its ok. Your style looks very anime-like. But maybe you aimed for that.

And by minor anatomical problems I mean for example the nose of the warden. Call it style, but ....

;)

r3studios
04-28-2004, 01:02 PM
the relation between the mask and the face of the right character seems wrong.
there are some really nice spots in your work but something in the whole anatomy seems wrong, too.

OrcOYoyo
04-28-2004, 06:41 PM
I think it is well drwan but you should have spent more time on the colouring. Especially the cloak almost got no schadows. shadows.
And since its Warcraft stuff i like the Picture :)

sypherr
04-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Nice work perfecti ;)
Only prob i have with it is the cut off on the left other than that u get my thumbs up :thumbsup:

shehrevar
04-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Nice work, perfecti.
Maybe you should try a bit more variation in the thickness of your line-art... The overall problem, I guess, is the lack of emotion or involvement, because the lines don't express power, nor attract the eye to interesting elements...
But what I have seen from your preview works, it looks to me like you keep getting better and better. Keep up the good work!

perfecti
04-28-2004, 11:53 PM
thx all ... ... :beer: ...nice to hear crits ... about color .... mm... usually i drawing comics ....so i have this quick style ... :cry: .. i wish to have more styles ...... i like Samwise Didier's works alot .. .. ... ...hehe .. maybe if i stay on cgtalk ... i can learn more styles ....:bounce: ....

Bustasnipez
04-29-2004, 08:06 AM
That dude on the left rocks.. I don't like the green cloak at all and her breasts seem too high up.. and much too small IMO...
but still its really good so keep it up!

jearley
04-30-2004, 05:51 AM
pretty good. i like the torn texture look of the bands on the arm. her eyes and ears seem too high. probably style though, right? his pants are really baggy, but you can still see a lot of details on his knees.:)

direndra
04-30-2004, 07:14 AM
hey perfecti !!!" i like your style good concept buddy :D

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140158

Zycho
04-30-2004, 06:53 PM
As it has been said before... the anatomy and shadows could use a retouch... I can't really pinpoint whats wrong with Illidans torso... maybe it's too thick (??)... but something just seems a bit off...
The shadows on the right one should be a bit darker perhaps...

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.