XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : vehicle: Delta IV launch

04-21-2004, 04:38 AM
This is a recreation of a Delta IV rocket done in 3ds Max 5.

Please post any comments. Any suggestions, good or bad crits are welcome and much appreciated.

04-21-2004, 05:52 AM
Quite well done, the smoke effect looks pretty realistic and the camera angle is good. I think it might need smaller details to give it a sense of scale. The lighting is quite dark. Is this a night launch? If so would the tower have lights or be lit from below with floodlights perhaps?

04-21-2004, 03:50 PM
I tried some flood lights from underneath but it flattened the Afterburn smoke effect. It was quite frustrating to achieve the night launch with the proper lights.

I agree on the details. It needs the rocket fuel lines, top cables, etc etc. It was a budgeted work.

Thanks for the c&c

04-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Cool smoke effects.

I think it might need a whole lot more right beneath the rocket's exhaust. It looks like I can actually see what's immediately beneath it and that just wouldn't be possible if that thing was full throttle - there would be nothing but bright white exhaust and flames and...you name it.

Add the cables and such to the tower too, it's make it look much more authentic.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.