View Full Version : particles shadow
04 April 2004, 07:40 PM
Is it possible to get shadow of particles?
If butterfly are flying in particles can I get itís shadow on background layer?
04 April 2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah, it's possible, checks this video (http://dgmedia.port5.com/tips/Butterflies_Shadow.avi) (AVI DivX 5.05) and it's workspace (http://dgmedia.port5.com/tips/Butterflies_Shadow.rar) (RAR file).
But there is a basic error in this workspace since the particle operators and nested comps have the same size of the "output" comp, but I think it will give you an idea.
I hope it helps
04 April 2004, 07:53 PM
did u tried the way i told you?
04 April 2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks diogo girondi
This will help a lot..
can you post what you did in that.. if you can explain the concept.. this will help a lot... I am new to combustion & compositing so ,, PLease..
waiting for your reply...
04 April 2004, 06:10 PM
The simple way:
Create your particle layer and add a Drop Shadow operator (Operators > Stylize > Drop Shadow) and tweak its parameters.
The messy way:
1. Create you particle layer
2. Create a black solid layer
3. Nest this black solid layer into a new comp
4. Go to the schematic view and add a new layer in the nested comp of the black solid layer from you particle layer of the "main" comp.
5. Use the particle layer as a stencil for the black solid layer.
6. Add a blur to the output of the nested comp and set it to multiply.
Check the schematic view of the comp I've send you and you'll understand.
01 January 2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.