View Full Version : wip website

kaiten
03 March 2004, 12:17 AM
Heres my website. The gallery needs filling but ive got a couple of pieces in it to give you an idea.

http://www.kaiten3d.com

3dJessy
03 March 2004, 07:39 PM
I usually tell people to make their flash website a fixed size, but in this case, I actually like how it looks filling the screen. I like the feel of it so far, it's got some freshness and modernness, and yet simple. Good start, I'd like to see more. Oh, and the intro animation, it's great: short and sweet, but you could probably cut down the whole intro to 2 parts, instead of three, you know, the animation, the sword outline, and the solid sword.

kaiten
03 March 2004, 08:08 PM
Cheers

Queen_K
03 March 2004, 09:31 AM
Hey, there's no problems so far :) Maybe speed up the intro just a little bit faster and maybe just slightly tone the red down so it isn't as bright (only a little bit).

Keep going with it.

Cheers!

d_hansbury
03 March 2004, 01:36 PM
If it continues to load as smoothly I say keep the full page flash. Another site I know of that does that is
http://bit-101.com

that's also a great site to check out physics, IK and particle examples in flash...which he provides files for.

The only thing I have to say I didn't like is the navigation buttons for your art. They don't seem to be as thought out as the rest of the graphics on your page.

Good luck.

kaiten
03 March 2004, 09:46 PM
Queen - thanks for the thoghts ill bear them in mind

d - cheers for the lnk ill check it out. The gallery was rushed and doesnt hasnt been updated yet. Im working on a new set of button icons that should fit with the first page.

Ill keep you posteed on any updates

atenyotkin
03 March 2004, 01:10 AM
Just a few things... first is the "K A I T E N 3 D" written vertically needs a different shape for the "HIT" stage of the button... right now you just have the letters, but if you just make a large vertical sqaure or something.. I think that would be better. The reason I say this is because I though that I was all ready in the main meny when those letters came up b/c it seemed they were leading to different sections of the website :-/ And another very minor detail is the "Images" button is shifter down and left by a pixel :-) I like the website though--nice job!

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.