XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Challenge WIP: Adam Klein

Adam Klein
01-26-2002, 08:57 PM
(I just stuck this in this message since it is at top) :)

Adam Klein
01-26-2002, 09:00 PM
His big leg will be mechanical, his little leg will be clawlike, cluching his peg leg, heh,heh, still working on hands, face, clothes big arm tail,and stuff .... woah, that's a lot to do... (OH yeah, as well a pet of some sort perhaps :)

Adam K.

01-26-2002, 09:17 PM
this seems to be a stylized statue of real clay.

01-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Very nice outline of the model, I like the proportions , and judging by your ideas it will be a great model ( if you finish on time ) :)

The thing on the right shoulder reminds me of that guy from Star Wars , can't think of a name at the moment but its the guy with Jabba the Hut... :) anyways its probably just me :D

Start detailing m8, good start

Adam Klein
01-27-2002, 02:07 AM
Ok, I'm finished for the night, here's a gun arm, some paws and the like, tommorrow I'll hit it hard again, stay tooned :)

Adam Klein

01-27-2002, 02:25 AM
its getting very interesting.

i am curious about your modelling thecnique. its like a clay sketch,
with separate parts, and step by step getting more details globally. interesting...

i liked the muscles in the arm. i tried to do an arm like that
for my pirate, but i failed.

Adam Klein
01-28-2002, 11:34 AM
I'm glad ya'll like it, I've been working away for a bit today in between the footbal games...GORAMS! St. Louis is my home town :) Superbowl here we come... anywho I have another update, its filling out, but lots to do still. check it out:

The clay appearance is a Lightwave radiosity render (LW6.5) the surfaces are only single colors for now.

There is another tecnique I use that is very helpful too. I read it one a site once, it was called the Kite tecqunique. It involves creating a row of Kite shaped polys on the end of a lower poly object, such as an arm, so that you can have many more polys available to model the hand. I'll post a pic of that too.

I'll have more very soon
ADam kleIN

01-28-2002, 12:35 PM
I think I may have to try this technique some time.

Krep Suzeth
01-28-2002, 05:38 PM
What a strange technique !!
At the beginning I thaught it was some kinds of metaballs !!! :D
I like the steps of evolution. It gives a good idea of the proportions, then the add of details....

Good job !

I also like the concept of your character, I imagine the "foot" would hang something..... some kind of crutch

Adam Klein
01-28-2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks dudes :) Glad you like the info, as for that leg, yep he'll actually be clucthing his pirate peg leg in a crutch like manner.

I stuck a temporary one in for this next update , his foot did look odd just hanging there, heh,heh

Besides that all I added was some very basic surfaces, its about this time that I really must add some color, it looks much better now eh... not near as clay-like.

Adam K.

So much to do so little time..... What a fun contest.

Adam Klein
01-30-2002, 09:16 AM
Here's some updates, I'd say his wings'll do the job when it comes to kicking some pirate but, heh,heh.

Also, I finished the tail, did some work on the Big Boot, (you can't see it too well in that pic. but soon enough,

Next, you'll see his weapon, the finished gun arm and his head ... Oh yeah,

Adam Klein
01-31-2002, 01:57 AM
Here's a closey of the Big gun, the details are all modeled, man are those bullets a lot of poly's, but man does that look crispy, stilll working on the barrels, but I just had to post .... hell the contest is almost over. more to do, more to do

Adam K.

Adam Klein
01-31-2002, 06:18 PM
Here's a full size pic with the face and some other stuff (head and neck are not there yet)

Adam Klein
01-31-2002, 06:21 PM
Ok Ok, here's a face close-up, I almost forgot .... The rest of the head'll be there soon,,.... uh, very soon!!

Hope ya'll likes :)

Adam Klein
02-01-2002, 07:05 AM
I just posted the head above, I have very little time left, yaowza

Adam Klein
02-01-2002, 08:38 AM
Weeeell, I was gonna add hair with 'Shave and a Haircut' but just didn't have time, next challenge for sure....

Now its time for final Renderings, half are done so far and its looking great!

Adam K.

Adam Klein
02-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Here's my final Pirate, I'd like to hear what ya'll think of it! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.