LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : professional Rig tuts

03-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi all,
After much frustration with character animation I learned how to make a basic Rig from a tutorial out there. Now that I am getting better and braver I want to do more complex animations and was wondering if anyone knows of some top quality professional rig tutorials out there that could teach me some good stuff. Thanks.

03-01-2004, 05:53 AM
I'm not sure if you need a top quality rig to create complex animation.

I mean.. depending on what you want to know it might help, but it's not absolutelly necessary. I've seen some amazing animation done with just a few bones and basically no rig.

Good animation is done by you regardless of the rig. A great rig will not make your animation better.. it can sure help. But if you are a great animator, I'm sure you can pull anything of with the most basic of rigs.

Keep that in mind ;)

03-01-2004, 06:14 AM
I completely agree with you Goosh. I dont expect this advanced rig to make me a better animator by any means. I mainly want to know how to build one and start implementing ideas of my own into them. Im mostly interested on a knowledge gain basis.

03-01-2004, 06:20 AM
Jason Schliefer's DVDs (

03-01-2004, 06:05 PM

Yeah.. I would defenitelly recommend Jason's DVDs.

They could be a little bit advanced for some people but if you know your way around Maya and understand rigging a bit, they'll be most useful.

You'll get tons of great ideas from them.. I think they are a must in any animator/rigger's library

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.