LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Some new(ish) scripts

02-15-2004, 12:13 AM
I just wanted everyone to know that I've been working to get most of my scripts listed on ScriptSpot, and I also have a couple of new ones.

ClipCompare (
ClipCompare is a hybrid Maxscript/ActiveX tool which I developed because I though it would be cool, and maybe useful. If you've used the RAM player, and wanted a way to see the full frame of both loaded clips at the same time, this is your tool.

QuickMaximize (
This isn't really new, I've just finally gotten around to putting it up on my site. Assign it to a keyboard shortcut, and you can quickly maximize the viewport under the mouse (it doesn't need to be active first!) at the touch of a key. I did this script to make Max feel just a tad more like Maya in at least one respect.

Loop Select/Deselect (
This is actually a rework of a script I already released a while back. The previous version let you deselect entire edgeloops in a single click; this one adds the ability to select and deselect.

Also, I've just generally updated some things in the Maxscript section of my site, and added videos to demonstrate my CleanCut ( and MousePlanter ( tools.

02-15-2004, 04:41 AM
You rock. Cleancut is one of my all time favorite scripts. Keep up the good work.

02-16-2004, 09:04 PM
mouseplanter is great!! thanks!

02-18-2004, 10:32 AM
How about ... improving quick maximize to all functions done in viewport like Maya.. ?
Not only for maximize but for eg. shading shorcuts and other... I mean whatever fuctions are in use its executed in viewport when mose is over it...
It shuld speed up workflow like Maya has... :)

02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Thank -you, Thank-you, Thank-you!!!
I'm a ex-Maya user and have missed the quick maximize toggle!

03-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey! I really liked your Edgeloop Select/Deselect script! I've recommended it to all my friends. But what about same tool for edgerings?

03-05-2004, 09:36 AM
I'll look into that. Seems like a natural extension of the idea...

06-17-2004, 08:38 PM
LFShade, so... have you start some works on Ring Select/Deselect? I think it will be awesome addition to LSD, I cant imagine now how it was possible to model something fast without LSD ;) THX!

06-18-2004, 01:12 AM
Somewhere out there, Timothy Leary is smiling;)

I don't know why I never thought to make the same for ring select (before this thread, that is). It seems so obvious :banghead: I've worked on it some, but only here and there. Only thing is, what will I call it? RSD sounds so boring!

06-18-2004, 06:49 AM
hehe, me likes RSD name ;)
But we can make a secret name for this one, that nobody know what it is, and only choosen start to use it :p
Secret names can be Stuff, Coolthing or BlaBlaBLa :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.