Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Need help animating beach water...

02-11-2004, 12:11 PM
I would like to render a 10 second animation of some lovely caribbean style water, you know as if it's in a beautiful blue sea with sand beneath, and the way the light dances.

Anyone give me any tips?

I have created water before by changing the size of one of my bump maps over time, worked quite well but I want that nice caribbean feel.

Any help greatly appreciated.

02-12-2004, 09:07 AM

Having just read my post back, it sounds a big vague. I just want to animate nice blue water, forget the sand underneath and the dancing light, just want some nice blue water.

I know there is a few tutorials out there, but most of them are for more stormy waters. I want my water to be 'relaxing'. ;)

Thanks again in advance.

02-12-2004, 12:15 PM
-Displacement map Animated by one or two null.
-Color, diffuse, spec, bump add a texture and also add a null to certain channel to Animate the texture.
-Try to use the shader like fast/real fresnel, edge transparency...
-Adjust the lightning and add some volumetric.

I tried this, b4 and the result is quite acceptable, If you tried before and still not satisfy is suggest you use the "Real flow" plugin
You can download the demo also.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.