View Full Version : 3D lookin page / lil`bitmap flood / MIME problems

02-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Hi there,
the following is a site for a techno/dance series, named "dance of machines". there aren`t big animations in yet cause i had to begin with the HTMLonly vers. i need feedback about general favour and the loadingtimes. Especially the dial-up users should give me a line or two because i haven`t the possibility to test with small connections. is it too slow ???
i also tried to attach a java Script rollover event which plays a small .wav at each rollover ( 5Kb ), t worked fine for me but at my friends comp, quicktime played the file and the player destroyed the site setup. is there a possibility to handle this different MIME settings via the net ?. I tried it that way because i don`t wanted any flashfiles in this version.
please share your knowledge with me - thanks in advance
here is the link:

02-08-2004, 01:06 PM
What does this site have to do with flash?

02-08-2004, 03:13 PM
well, as i said there aren`t any swf files in yet. this is just the html only vers. for users without flash and / or low bandwith. i posted it here because it is the most common section for webpages at cgt. what about your connection and the loadingtimes for this page ?

02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
I've got a broadband connection and didn't have to wait...
That doesn't help you much, I know...

02-15-2004, 09:15 AM
i'm on isdn in germany and it took about 12 sec to load the complete interface.
with more content it could be a bit slow.
i think for users that are interested in graphics its ok, but for those you are aiming for (music) it could be faster.
no sound here.

forgot to mention that i like the design ;)

02-17-2004, 06:33 PM
thanks troub, i think you`re right. i`ll have to cut some bytes here. there is no sound and or animation in yet. no real update until now, just changed the splash screen.

vielen dank fr die info, troub ;-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.