View Full Version : I don't know what you call it, but I need halp!

02 February 2004, 09:28 AM
Hi guys,

For the longset time I have been trying to work this out, but no luck :(

So this is it, I need to know how to control the whole character with one handle, I guess that what it called. You know the pelvis area (root joint), ike the upper and lower body is connected. Right now I can only control the IK handles for the arms and legs, but not the root?

I hope you guys know what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

So if anyone here can help me out, please please do so!

Thank for your time.

02 February 2004, 02:33 PM
You could create something simple, like a locator or a nurbs circle, and parent the root joint and the IK handles to it.
Is that what you meant?

02 February 2004, 06:59 PM
Hey thanks man,

But one proplem, the root joint don't even move by itself, but instead the whole body move as one stiff object. So what I went is when I move the root joint, the IK handle of the hands and feets stay put, so you can animate a walk cycle.

I hope that was clearer for you guys:rolleyes:

Thanks again.

02 February 2004, 01:58 PM
It sounds like the IK handles are parented to the root joint. Once you unparent them, they should stay put

02 February 2004, 09:09 PM
I got it now!

I forgot to turn on Sticky in the IK options.

But thanks for you help anyway Lomax:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.