View Full Version : Television distortion effect?

02 February 2004, 05:39 PM
I want to create a distortion effect similar to the one below:

However it has to be fairly straight forward and not simple a case of select, move, select, move because I need to do it to multiple frames.

Also, is it possible to do this in After Effects as well/instead?


Ian Jones
02 February 2004, 11:51 PM
You could probably do that with a displacement map... but there's an easier way. In After Effects you can use Effect > Stylize > Mosaic. This allows you to have individual control of the horizontal and vertical pixelation and therefore makes it easy to get your 'stretched' kind of effect. Make multiple layers and add in some noise and you got yourself a relatively complex looking effect.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.