View Full Version : putting an Outliner panel to my UI

Ch3
01 January 2004, 09:02 PM
I have added an outliner to my UI but I cant really understand how to set my own filter for only displaying objects which starts with a specific string(i know i can type the string afterwards in the panel, but i allways want only those objects visible there)

Also is there a way to run a script everytime there is a new selection from that panel?
And finally is it possible to get rid of this split feature?

thanx in advanced

galactor
01 January 2004, 12:53 AM
Search for the MEL script that is responsable for the standard Outliner. Examen the script and i'm sure you will find some usefull commands.
This is how I do it, cause there is no documentation on those specific commands.

:: Galactor ::

macaroniKazoo
01 January 2004, 12:59 AM
to control what's visible in the outliner, use the selectionConnection command... the examples for it are reasonably helpful

Ch3
01 January 2004, 12:46 PM
with this selectionConnection its getting really complicated and i dont think it worth the effort for what i am making. Also I cant see the way to show and change the order of the objects, as my script will need to reorder and parent the objects.

thanx anyway

Ch3
01 January 2004, 11:31 PM
I had one more go with selectionConnection lists and as far as I understand those are mainly to connect to different outliner panels, and they are not ideal for what i want.
Is there any other way to pass a string into the text filter field of the outliner I am making?

I had a look to the scripts which are been executed (filterUI.mel and setFilterScript.mel) but again I couldnt work out the way.

any help whould be appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.