XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : plane: F-22

01-17-2004, 03:17 PM

i am new here and would like to show you my latest work.

The model (2124 tris) was made by Pimpdaddy, not me, i skinned it and made some renders.

I would like to hear your comments about the skin (made completeley from scratch 2048 size, no photos or whatever used, just reference pictures) and some crits to the renders i made (lightning, composition, materials).

First pic is just for you to judge the skin (there is a minor gearclipping problem, but i just wanted to show the skin on this one anyway):

Second shows a photomontage with a photo from a sky as BG. The clouds in the front are 3d clouds made in 3dsmax:

Third render needs some improvements. I have to change the ground a bit:

01-18-2004, 01:53 AM
nice, well done, can we see a pic of the cockpit? is it textured?

01-18-2004, 02:15 AM
F-22 is a sweet plane, and you have done a very good job on texturing it.

that said, the reflectivity needs to be toned down...er turned off, we shouldn't be reading the tail markings in a reflection on the wing. (3rd pic)

It's been a while since I went to an airshow, but I'm pretty sure wing leading edges don't build up such wear, at least not that uniformly along the wings.

also, the insides of the afterburners/thrust vector petals should be thoroughly blackened.

Otherwise great textures on a solid model.
Keep going on it, you're very close!

01-18-2004, 03:25 AM
whats ure target engine? just wondering cus 2048 square seems a bit high even for pc

01-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Thx for the replies.

The cockpit is textured, but in a very rough way. There will be a seperate 3d cockpit with texture for the inside view. But it is not ready yet.

Thx for your crits. I will change the things you mentioned. If you look on your work for too long you somehow loose the ability to see flaws.

Target engine is battlefield vietnam. But this texture size already works with the battlefield engine, so i don't fear to have problems with it.

01-18-2004, 02:58 PM
hey mann!
looks very nice... could you also give us a wire-pic?
i`ve done a F22 with about 270 polys a few days ago... yours looks definetly better!
what will u use it for?!

01-19-2004, 01:08 PM
I modelled the F-22 for the game Battlefield Vietnam.

The mod is called Point of Existence

01-19-2004, 05:42 PM
could u give a wire?

01-19-2004, 07:21 PM
I have not made any changes yet because i have begun a new model, but in the meantime i will give you the Wire render:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.