View Full Version : Brazil Shadow Problem

01-16-2004, 02:35 AM
I am having a problem with shadows in brazil. I didn't start having this problem untill I changed my materials from Brazil Basic Material to Brazil Utility material. Why did I change it to Brazil Utility material? My textures weren't bumping where the GI is hitting and it seems they still aren't. I am using a 3 point lighting setup with GI. I haven't messed with the lighting since I had the look I wanted, I just done texture tweaks which have caused this shadow problem to my belief. any help is greatly appreciated on my shadow and bump problems :)

01-16-2004, 11:18 AM
what exactly do you mean?
the shadows look ok for me...

maybe you should light the scene with one light first, then go on with further lights. this way youīll see wich light makes the bumps disappear.
also itīs possible that thy sky light (if you have one) washes them out, because of lighting the objects from every angle >>> this way it appears as there wouldnīt be any bump...

hope this helped. the scene looks cool.

01-16-2004, 05:02 PM
also make sure your texture map isn't directly in the color slot in the brazil utility, it should be in the material slot right above color

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.