View Full Version : Question

01 January 2004, 02:05 PM
Look at the picture,the white pen circled,how could I make the special effects of rays ?Is it made by photoshop?

01 January 2004, 03:18 PM
Filters > Blur > Motion Blur, and some editing.

01 January 2004, 09:28 AM
thanks,and can u know the picture's effect?the same as that one?

01 January 2004, 05:11 PM
Looks to me like some 3D geometry with glass shaders, and a lens flare in the middle.

01 January 2004, 03:29 PM
the top one looks more like pixel stretching to me, second one is 3d stuff for sure.

01 January 2004, 09:22 AM
posm i have some trouble in creating 3dmodels on photoshop
can u guide me how can i creat simple 3dmodel like this one our friend posted i hope u understand my question
th\nx a lot
all commect all well come:bounce:

Ian Jones
01 January 2004, 09:37 AM
omid_221 : Photoshop is a 2D image editing program, it's not meant for creating 3D models. What you need is a proper 3D program, like 3dsMax or Maya, Lightwave, Cinema4D, Softimage XSI etc...

01 January 2004, 01:07 PM
yeh, he's right, photoshop is only a 2D program, but you can imitate 3D by adding shading and such, rather then flat colour - was that what you were talking about? or did you actually mean 3D models?

01 January 2004, 03:22 PM
but i saw some 2D programs looked like 3D effect,so sometimes can't distinguish them,I saw a CGgirl designed by illustrator

Ian Jones
01 January 2004, 10:13 PM
You certainly can make things look 3D, but the example image you gave us looks like it was made in a 3D program... thats not to say it isn't possible to do it all in photoshop, because it is possible. That of course requires a lot of knowledge and skill of rendering light and shade, shape and form etc... something which traditional artists have been doing forever.

01 January 2004, 11:05 AM
o`~~I see.
do u think ,having lower skill,how can I improve my ability,look more programs then do more exercises like those programs?:cool:

01 January 2004, 06:28 PM
Here are some Photoshop tutorials that might help.

01 January 2004, 04:58 PM
this is a work for my ad. lesson.It's my first placard.I'd like to make the picture1's effect,but i can't:blush: ,

01 January 2004, 05:11 PM
en ~~very good,thank u for your help:beer:

01 January 2004, 05:43 PM
thats easy, get a picture like that, and then start playing with layer masks...moving a rectangular selection around and filling the mask bit by bit should see it done in 5 mins :)

01 January 2004, 12:46 PM

The fisrt one is a simple scale in a selection, select the part you wanna to strech, hit ctrl+T and strech :)

Second one is 3D stuff for sure, you might paint that, but there is no reason to, since it's way easier to achieve that through a 3D app.

See ya!

01 January 2004, 04:32 AM
hit up, they have all kinds of tuts there

regarding the 2nd pic, if you had a stock photo of the 3d, you could probably add some lighting effects maybe even a lens flare with some blur, and then put some airbrushing to show the shiny detail... lots of work in photoshop, but its way easier in a 3d prog

01 January 2004, 01:17 PM
tnx all for ur help
i used color belending and got a good result
i posted my work but please be a ....:thumbsup:

01 January 2004, 01:52 PM
:)thank u for your help:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.