View Full Version : antialiasing

danydrunk
01 January 2004, 02:17 AM
can anyone please tell me where tu turn off antialiasing in photoshop 7.......ive tried but i dont find where.......thanks

danydrunk
01 January 2004, 02:26 AM
i now know where to turn ir off for fonts, but, for example if i want to resize an image with out having photoshop smooth it, what do i do?

Ian Jones
01 January 2004, 04:44 AM
erm.. in the resize dialog box you can change the filtering from bi-cubic to nearest neighbour. I think.

danydrunk
01 January 2004, 05:03 AM
nope it didnt work.
See, the thing is that when i make a pixel drawing, and then try to resize it, it smooths it making it looked blurred instead of sharp, so i want to know if there is a way of resizing small pixel drawings that mantain their blocky pixalated look, hope i made my self clear!!

Cameo
01 January 2004, 06:11 AM
Dont you just turn off resample image completely? Alternatively you might be able to get the effect you want by using the mosaic filter under 'pixelate'

chach
01 January 2004, 03:25 PM
image> mode> indexed color

danydrunk
01 January 2004, 01:27 AM
when i turn this option on it only let me use 256 colors, also, i cannot use layers and as a consecuence no transparencies, is this the only way you can rezise a pixel drawing without having photoshop smooth it?

halo
01 January 2004, 02:32 AM
you cant turn it off globally but heres some tips (some already covered)

1) make image interpolation method in prefs :> nearest neighbour

2) stroke etc have antialiasing check box in their options

danydrunk
01 January 2004, 07:25 PM
thanks for the help, its seems that the third thread had the answer only that i was doing something wong, anyway, thanks for the help:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.