View Full Version : maxtd.com tutorial

AroundTheFur
06 June 2002, 08:30 PM
Ok that tutorial on maxtd.com is amazing. I'm getting through it without to much trouble, however, i hit a snag and no one knows what im talkin about. During the arm ik setup, he says to create a point dummy object, and add custom attributes to it:
Create a new point helper object. Name it Control_arm, and align it with the IK WirstControl obj. Now, add the following custom attributes to it:

Name: Thumb Curl. Type: Float spinner. From -15 to 70, default 0. Object's base level.

Name: Index Curl. Same params as before.

Name: Mid Curl. Same params as before.

Name: Pinky Curl. Same params as before.

Name: Finger spread. Type: Float spinner. From -15 to 15, default 0. Object's base level.

Name: Inherit Arm. Type: Float slider. From 0 to 100, default 0. 4 ticks. Object's base level.

Name: Swivel Angle. Type: Float spinner. From -360 to 360 default 0. Object's base level.

What the F$$$ is he talking about?

AroundTheFur
06 June 2002, 08:32 PM
aha i am too smart for myself ifound it.

Nando
06 June 2002, 08:50 PM
oki................
Glad I could Help ;)

Deathbreeze
07 July 2002, 06:35 PM
You can't share your newly found knowledge? :)

Namroth
08 August 2002, 12:09 AM
Is there somone that have Rig File from maxtd
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.maxtd.com/tutorials/CS_rig.txt
USE RIGHT-CLICK AND 'SAVE TARGET AS...' RENAME THE FILE TO .ZIP!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

toonman
08 August 2002, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry to drop in so late. I've been quite busy these days. Glad you found your way out. My tut had a quite astonishing ammount of typos, and I never got the time to fix those. Anyway, just wanted to let ya all know that maxtd is in the process of being upgraded, so it'll be down for a while. You can still download the old r4/r3 tutorials, and send emails. I'll try to make this transition as short as possible, but I'll be out of the country for a couple of weeks, so be patient. New stuff around the corner! Cheers!!

P.S. The r4 rig file is included in the new r4 zip file (at last!)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.