XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Makeup help

06-19-2002, 06:49 PM
I'm currently working on a bitmap which I plan to use for a female face. I plan to give this virtual lady some makeup but I know very little about makeup (how it is used, techniques, styles) so if you can tell me about a makeup tutorial, or guide, preferably available on the web, I'd be most grateful.

Any hints, suggestions or shortcuts when painting face textures with or without makeup are also welcome.

06-25-2002, 11:47 AM
Well, I have no knowledge about makeup. However I'm sure you'll find some pages about style and techniques if you search at google.com. There has got be something!

06-25-2002, 07:19 PM
Wow! Trying to fit all the years I spent trying to do my own will be tough. the best advise I can give is to look at magazines. A dark line at the base of the lashes makes them look fuller. The rest usually goes with the creases of the eyes. I can't think of any web sites that would help. Just keep looking at pics of girls, or get a female friend to help out! Good luck! :wavey:

06-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can find a book about it. There have to be tons of books on makeup.
Photographs and friends are also good advice. Will try that as well.

Thanks again.

06-25-2002, 07:54 PM

there's a message board...

06-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by odybear
Just keep looking at pics of girls

kail, you lucky duck! you get to pass that off as work!

06-25-2002, 08:43 PM
Yeah. Well, I'm actually a student at the moment but when I get a job I can keep doing it claiming it's for my work.:thumbsup:

06-25-2002, 08:54 PM
hey im a student too, at VCU in Richmond, VA, studying digital imaging (re:cd covers and webdesign...ugh)

What about yerself?

06-25-2002, 09:10 PM
I live in the south of Sweden. I study media technology focusing on web design, web development and 3D design for computers games, movies, media and entertainment.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.