LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Preventing aliasing

12-26-2003, 04:42 PM
Layer styles sure save time, but they do result in an awfull lot of aliasing artifacts. Any quick tips for simple solutions that don't blur TOO MUCH of anything?

12-26-2003, 05:52 PM
The one layerstyle that causes a lot of aliasing artifacts for me is Stroke. I almost never use that one on curved lines, instead I've come up with a way of faking stroke with outer glow.

A quick and not very good looking example, but it shows the difference:

12-26-2003, 06:10 PM
What do you do when beveling curved corners? Or curves in general? I thought I came across a solution on this somewhere, but now I cant remember where the tutorial is grrr.

12-26-2003, 07:05 PM
I do not have a technique to get rid of aliasing in the Layer Style-dialog. But I've got some ways to get along without one.

If I would bevel text I'd make sure that I have some sort of AA on the text itself.

The pencil-tool is pretty hopeless to bevel, it has to be the brush.

When bevelling shapes, make sure that anti-aliased is turned on. Then there is no way that any aliasing will occur no matter how many curves you got.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.