LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Aston Martin DB4, Jeff Garstecki (3D)

05-26-2013, 08:12 AM (

Title: Aston Martin DB4
Name: Jeff Garstecki
Software: Maya, mental ray

This model is a 10' type car model. I started this model a few years back and only had the basic shell built, and then got lost in other projects. I was rummaging through old work recently and had forgotten about it. So much like a barn find, i decided to finish it to at least a distance render shape. Any closer and the details, especially the interior start to break down. I also had never tried to render a car with HDRI and a back plate before, so I was curious to dip my toes in that pool. I of course want to thank Thomas Suurland for his free HDRI enviro and back plate from (though it might be overused, as an intro for me, it was great).

1080 HD renders:

thanks for looking.

05-28-2013, 09:14 AM
That's good work, making the tyres look like they have weight on them adds more realism.
I particularly like the green version of your car.

05-29-2013, 06:45 AM
Hey cool thanks for the comments. :) it was a fun project to get back into this sort of stuff. cheers! still so much to learn...

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2013, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.